Below are minutes from our last meeting in February.
1. Update on situation on
2. Update on
3. Divestment – brief update by Fanny on MA. divestment and Fidelity campaign
Although the MA. Sudan Divestment Bill still has no number, the first hearing has been rescheduled for Thurs., March 29th at in room B-2. Daniel, head of www.sudandivestment.org would like to pack the hearing room with supporters. Additionally, Eric Reeves and Mia Farrow have agreed to testify for the bill. We are hoping to have a press conference after the hearing with Senator Chandler and Representatives Augustus and Kaufman. Email Amos Irwin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a ride in the
4. Update on Children’s
Feb. 2nd and 9th –
Feb. 6th – Darfur Dinner at
Interfaith Council. Many of children’s pictures were exhibited
effectively on music stands around the dining tables.
March 15th - ? with showing of film “Darfur Diaries” Tuesday,
March 20th at at
Call 978-544-2247 for more info.
6. Meet with Olver in April – who would like to be part of this delegation? Let me know and I’ll pass word on to Bernadette Jones.
7. Send messages to the presidential candidates and ask them to ratchet up on
10. Amnesty International & STAND are presenting a Genocide Awareness Film Series; movies will be shown every other Tuesday from 7-9 in the theater of Keefe. Next movie is Tues. March 27th. I’ll send info out on it soon!
11. Genocide Intervention Network's Sprint for