Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WMDC co-delivered the People's Arrest Warrant of Al-Bashir


The Tents of Hope event in Washington DC turned to be a big success according to media coverage. According to Sudan Tribune the camapaign was part of a series of events in which activists gathered in Washington "about 450 students from around the country traveled to the capitol for leadership training in grassroots mobilization for genocide prevention".

Around 400 cities in 48 states and 8 countries participated in the weekend event on last Nov 7-9, 2008.
Mohamed Elgadi, represented of WMDC at the Vigil and also was part of the group that delivered the People's Arrest Warrant of President Omer Al-Bashir however, the Sudanese Embassy declined to receive it.
Mohame was interviewed by Voice of America TV news program Focus along with other Darfur activists.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you dispatch, intention look ahead for more interrelated articles promptly as its one of my pet issue to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.